View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 05:54 AM

Default Re: New "Mac Studio" from Apple

Going back over responses, here's my response:
I have one HDX card. I'm guessing I'll get a Magma PCI chassis to hold it.
I got the Ultra with 128 gigs of RAM / 2TB internal.
My understanding is that VI's use cores for processing and the more cores present the merrier. At least in Vienna Ensemble Pro that's true. From what I've heard, Apple Silicon uses RAM in a whole new way. Efficiency RAM is a clever idea
I'll be happy with two monitors .
I won't switch over until I'm sure it will work. I don't get mine till mid April (I'm in Canada now). My 5.1's are currently protesting in the street. They haven't burned down Parliament yet, but are threatening to do so. Wait! I take that back - they HAVE Burned down Parliament, stomed the Capitol a few times - and I've lost crucial work time.
I never got the correct video card to get past High Sierra. That could be part of it.
I"m really hoping I can avoid the two machine Vienna Ensemble Pro setup - as Pro Tools has been getting grumpy about having it instantiated. Not sure why that is. It worked great for years.
I've used Digidesign/Avid stuff since their very first products - synth sample editors! And Oh! The stories.
Any advice would be very welcome!!!
Mac Studio Ultra / 128 RAM/2TB HD / Avid HDX Chassis / 2 X Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Docks w Samsung 970 EVO Plus (6TB) / Avid C24 / Avid 16X16 I/O Analog / Lynx Aurora 16/16 1/O Analog / Dangerous 2 Bus / Benchmark ADC1
www.glasswing.com
www.richardsales.com