Thread: Come On 20.
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Come On 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
Agree.

I do believe the main reason we can get so passionate about it is because we DO love the program and the workflow, and just want it to be the best it can be.

I know there seem to be a lot of haters at times but even then, I think deep down they just want PT to have the features of other DAWs..

Let's face it.. do you really think if PT had midi as good as Cubase and integrated ARA2 or pitch editing and a few other things we have all discussed the last few years, that anyone here would even consider another DAW? It would leave everything else in the dust if Avid caught up, cause the other DAWs simply can't match the GUI and fluent workflow/ease of use. This is why it can be frustrating, cause PT is SO good to actually work with, but it's behind in some important ways.

For me
Elastique PRO as a realtime algorithm in EA which will also make audio quantise a joy.
ARA 2 or even flex pitch using X Form algo.
midi plugins and also midi scripting of some kind, like cubase logical editor for advanced one click macro functions
Sidechain delay compensation for non HDX
64 ins on no HD hardware or even 128 LOL!
Folders (they ARE coming, we've seen it).
Delay comp at 65K for 44.1 sample rate and 128K for 96K sample rate. Basically 4x what it is now. Like other DAWs.

I know all our lists are different, but these are the big ones (IMO) that are in almost all other DAWs that we are missing.. PT is actually ahead in many ways and does things no DAW does but we forget too quickly. That said, if I was Avid i'd be striving to be the absolute best and make anyone who left to go to StudioNone/Creeper/illogic/Poobase rue the day they ever did!

Still, I like to look at the glass half full as pro tools is incredible to work with, everything just flows and is so FAST. :)
It's true. If PT advanced on 10 or 12 expected functions, it would crush the market more broadly. I use Cubase because of that, out of obligation.
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com