View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 07:24 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Compatibility with macOS 13 Ventura

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcens View Post
I am contemplating buying the new Mac Studio and it will be coming with the OS 13 Ventura. I just want to make sure it will be compatible with my Pro Tools 2022.6 OS. I have read that Avid hasn't yet acknowledged it's compatibility but I have read that some beta testing has shown that there are no issues. Does anyone have a definitive answer before I send a couple grand?
Thank you in advance,
Newcens
I just got my New Mac Studio after 10 years with the same Mac Pro Trash Can. What a difference. It was shipped with Monterey and after it arrived Ventura got released. I had a friend who got his and updated and he is running PT with not issues. I'm staying put for software like DADMAN which is stable on Monterey on 12.6.1.
My guess it is solid either way depending on your needs with your setup. Mine are in Dolby ATMOS here, so can't really risk any problems.
G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS