View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 04:45 PM

Default Fellow Whovians - need your help

For those of us that are Doctor Who fans I have a sad tale and request. I have on standard dvd from BBC America the first 4 series of the Dr. Who reboot with Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant. Had them for a number of years and they all played okay. Wife and I decided since we hadn't seen them in a while to go through them. DVD 4 of series/season 1 wouldn't play at all and dvd 1 of the second series/season (first Tennant one) could barely play the first episode (Christmas Invasion). Looking at the back side of the two disks and the coloration isn't uniform, almost like they might either be delaminating or rotting. I keep them in their cases and in a relatively dry place so that shouldn't be an issue. The dvd player (a bluray one) is okay because everything else I've run through it plays okay. And I'm OCD when it comes to taking care of dvd's.

For anybody that specifically has these dvd's have you run into this? For that matter has anyone had a commercial dvd that they've had for years not play and also had a discoloration on the playable side?

QAPLA!