View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:42 PM

Default Re: best control surface for PT 6.4.1 please?

Thanks for the great suggestions. Ah the control24 is nice, but it's got a massive footprint -- too big for my studio, I've already got a digital console. I've been working with a c24 the last few weeks in another facility, but it also is a little too large for my studio setup. I love everything these devices offer, but why do they have to be so huge? Latching from one solo button to another with a mouse is too cumbersome, but using a c24 to do the same thing covers too much area. Sorry, I don't mean to be too finicky. Actually the tascam 2400 is closer to an ideal size.

c-post

[QUOTE=Delta Music Belgium;2012083]The most sophisticated Digidesign control surface you can run on PT 6.4.1 is a ProControl (with or without additional Fader Packs and/or Edit Pack). Next in line is a Control24, but it is no match for a ProControl. Both work by Ethernet, not by MIDI. Using the recent C24 is not possible.