View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 02:35 PM

Default Re: best control surface for PT 6.4.1 please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-post View Post
Hello ~

For a vintage PT 6.4.1 system with the expansion cards, etc, what is the most sophisticated Digi control surface I can run on that? Any control surface recommendations for this oldie but goodie? There's no way I could run a C24 or a tascam 2400 on that, is there?

thx

~ c-post
The most sophisticated Digidesign control surface you can run on PT 6.4.1 is a ProControl (with or without additional Fader Packs and/or Edit Pack). Next in line is a Control24, but it is no match for a ProControl. Both work by Ethernet, not by MIDI. Using the recent C24 is not possible.

Last in line are all the controllers that work by MIDI and support the HUI protocol, but you can't call that 'sophisticated' by any means

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
I was under the impression the PC would work with LE if one copied the controller profiles into the right folders. Again no personal experience here.
This is correct, and is still correct for PT 10 and PT HD 10.

Btw, all this info is by personal experience (see system details below)

Mac Pro 2019 - 3.2GHz 16-core - 96GB RAM - macOS 14.4.1 - PT HDX3 - Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3.1 - Avid HD I/O 16x16 (x2) - Avid HD I/O 16x16 Digital - Digidesign 192 I/O - Digidesign 192D I/O (x3) - Avid SYNC HD - Apogee Big Ben - Apogee Rosetta 200 - Avid S3 - Slate RAVEN MTi2 (x2) - iConnectivity mioXL (x4) - Genelec ‘The Ones’ 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos Music monitoring (AES/EBU) with 8341A (x5) + 8331A (x10) + 7360A (x2) + 9301B - Almost all available AAX-DSP plug-ins