View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Lost everything even though I saved session

Updating this thread with another strange thing which happened to me today.
After editing 18 chapters of an audio book, I offline bounced each chapter and imported them in the session (note that I always save session before doing each bounce).
While I was bouncing chapter 12, Pro tools crashed (spinning ball for ever), I had to force quit PT and then restart the computer as PT would not start again.
Note that I had to force shut down the computer as it would not shut down or restart by itself.

After restarting the Mac and reloading the session, only 3 bounced chapters were in the session and in the bounced files folder. Checked session creation date and most recent backup session, it looks like I lost more than 30 minutes of work (audio files + sessions).
This sounds impossible as when PT records any audio file, it exists somewhere but here it has been deleted.

If you read my first post, I was mentioning I lost data after using an archiving software. Here I lost data and did not do any archiving.

I also want to mention that PT has become really unstable some days.
It can crash when doing offline bounce or mixdown, when doing a back & play or even starting another software.
I thrashed all the prefs.
I installed PT latest version
I did not install new software or new plug in.
Did not update OS lately.

Any ideas ?
Should I uninstall completely PT and clean install it ?

I'm lost because I have a great computer which is working great but PT is unstable and I'm losing data recorded by PT.

Thanks for your time.

Pascal
www.standup.be

MacPro 2019 16 Core
PT Ultimate 2021.3.1
HDX 1
D-Command