View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Weird Behavior in V2020.11.1.10

Man Jeff, what kind of monster are you !? Between in person at NAMM shows and here you've helped me about 11 gazillion times over the years but you really out did yourself this time. How the HELL did you guess I'd reconfigured my surface with a workstation attached of all things ?! Pretty amazing ...

Yes, I reconfigured a couple days ago and may well have had my workstation attached (long story). I followed your advice but let me elaborate a bit on what happened because it was ALSO weird.

First I interpreted not having a WS attached to mean, shutting down the WS s/w on my Mac then making sure the WS disappeared from Settings>Workstations. Since Surface>Config doesn't seem to have an option for actually clearing the existing configuration, I just overwrote it (dragged new icons over the old ones, etc). Then "About>Shutdown" 'ed, unplugged and waited 10 min. Then restarted and that didn't fix it.

Then I interpreted not having a WS attached to mean to do the above, physically disconnect the Ethernet cable from the S6 and do all the above stuff again, reconnect the Ethernet cable and go from there. I added one more thing this iteration which was to "Update All" the firmware which went off without a hitch. But that ALSO didn't fix it.

But for some reason I decided to power cycle the MM (button in the back) and that actually seemed to fix it. Recall when I power cycled the MM before, the lost functionality returned but only until I loaded something into a spill zone again. This time doing so wasn't causing the loss of functionality anymore (normal behavior). Of course it's hard to believe that somehow power cycling the MM THIS time really fixed anything, and of course it didn't. I shut everything down, waited 10 min, brought it back up and I'm back to la la land again.

Answers to your questions: I'm on PT 2021.3.1, spill zones are 8 faders wide, one on each side of the MM.

What do you think? What else can I try ? As always, thanks for your help !