View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Folder Feature Requests

Didn't go through the whole thread, so I might be partly echoing other people's gripes here..

If I'm not mistaking, currently:
Folder tracks and their children are 'glued' together and need to be displayed consecutively.

Folders also require an additional mixer and edit window strip, which cannot be hidden independently of its children.

Neither of these requirements are helpful to me, certainly not if both are required and thus I haven't implemented folders into my template after waiting for them for a loooong time.

What I would like the functionality to be:
Simply a folder structure in the track list, without a mixer/edit strip REQUIRED for each folder.
If a strip IS required, then I need folders to be able to replace a sub channel and/or a VCA to me, which they currently can't. Or I need that folder strip to be able to be hidden, while (some of) its children are visible

You see:
My VCAs are bunched together in my template, away from the tracks, which is important for my workflow. If folders are to replace my VCAs, those folder strips need to be able to be in a different location in the mixer than their children.

My sub channels are also bunched together. If routing folders are to replace them, the folder strips should be able to spill to the left in stead of the right AND be able to be in a different location in the mixer than their children.

I doubt a lot of these things are feasible, so I guess what would make folders workable for me is if you could hide the mixer strip of the standard folders, while (some of) its children are visible.

If that's already possible, then ignore this post