View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 12:54 PM

Default Re: PT doesn't see HD I/O interface in Hardware Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by saspro View Post
Okay, the DigiLink activation card was hidden in the box under some PC cables and packaging. Sorry--had I known it was another card I was looking for that might've helped.
And yes, I searched for about an hour on DUC and other sites and found no one with this same issue, must just not have used the magic search words. Darryl, you've been helpful to me in the past, and thanks for your quick responses, but I'm a bit miffed by the LMGTFY link. I followed all the directions to a t and I never heard of the DigiLink license. Of course I would've googled that had I known that's what I needed or had any of the documentation I'd read mentioned it.
And doesn't matter anyway, I activated the DigiLink I/O license and it still only sees the Aggregate I/O and not my HD I/O.
So then I restarted and relaunched iLok mgr and logged in and then found that I could activate it.
And it STILL doesn't matter, it's still not seen.
Double check exactly what licenses show up on the iLok in ILM. Make sure only that one iLok is connected.

Reseat cards as already suggested. if that fails give us more info on your setup.

Maybe I had not had enough caffeine and was even more grumpy than usual but the lmgtfy comment was well maybe deserved. The magic here is knowing the term "digilink license". I was just totally lost how you could not find anything abou that.

This sloppy change by Avid just leaves me more convinced that there is nobody in Avid product management with a clue or who actually cares about customer experience. Like how about having the application pop up a message that there is Digilink interface detected but no license present and a link to find info on how to resolve this. Ditto with a non-HD license detecting the same. Meanwhile sample loops anyone?...