View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 07:42 PM

Default (Feature Request?) When bouncing, option to use file name as new "Recall Session"

See Thumbnails for Examples.

The upsides seem endless. No matter how disorganized you are, if you printed a bounce in Pro Tools, there is an exact .ptx of that bounce with the exact same name as the bounce. Most obvious location for the newly created .ptx file would be a folder called "Recall Sessions" in the session root folder.

For mix engineers the upside is obvious. No matter how many revisions, you never have to worry about mislabeling or "did I do a save as when I started working?!?" Whatever filename the client has, there is a corresponding .ptx with the same name.

As a writer, there are times I'll be going back through my iTunes library and find an idea called something like "Guitar Thing_With Vox_4." Can't find a session folder called "Guitar Thing." Try searching drives by modified date, trying to just remember what I was doing 2 years ago when I bounced that...

Or I could search my drives for a .ptx called "Guitar Thing_With Vox_4" and assuming the original session folder exists (no matter the name) audio can be relinked, and I can pick up EXACTLY where I left off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bounce Window.jpg (36.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PT Preferences.jpg (50.6 KB, 0 views)
32 GB Ram
Syphony i/o 8x8