View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Audio Midi Setup will not save multichannel config

Yea its really annoying and frustrating. I can't reference anything outside of Pro Tools in 5.1, i.e. VLC/Mplayer/Mac Blu-ray Player etc etc.

Funny thing is, I was able to do this before when I was running Pro Tools 8, and the earlier version of the core audio driver.

I have even tried it on multiple systems, just in case there was a OS corruption. No luck, all the systems responded the same way, once the multichannel settings were set for the 003, as soon as you quit they would reset.

There is something wrong with the 003 core audio driver, its not communicating properly with audio midi setup. I think that there is a coding error which doesn't allow it to properly write a plist file. When I change multichannel settings for other interfaces within Audio Midi Setup it retains the information.

I can't imagine AVID addressing this, considering they are planning to discontinue the 003, however it would be great to get a working v10 driver in the interim.

If anyone knows any work around for this please let me know, because I really don't feel like selling my 003 right now, but if I can't get multichannel audio output out of it, I will be forced to.