View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Newer Mac for old HD2 Accel PCI cards? PCI fits PCIx?

Quote:
In your case, the HD PCI-X cards you have will work in all the Macs listed on the top of the page. . .
Thanks for the link.

I believe that the cards I have aren't PCI-x cards, however. I bought them in early 2005 and I thought that they're just regular PCI cards. I'm assuming this because they've been living in a 1999 G4 AGP mac which as far as I can tell is just an old school PCI machine. Not sure how to tell with certainty, though.

Some of the models mentioned in the link as being compatible, such as the M9457, have "Three open full-length PCI-X slots: one 133MHz, 64-bit slot and two 100MHz, 64-bit slots" This is the one I'm most confused about:

Will PCI cards work in those PCI-X slots? If so, great!

The other compatible models mentioned have either: "Three open full-length 33MHz, 64-bit PCI slots" I suppose that's the same spec as the computer they're in now, so should be okay.

The other spec mentioned is: "3 PCI slots (Slots 2&3 64-bit, 100 MHz; Slot 4 64-bit, 133 MHz)" I'm guessing the cards would work in that config. also?

Thanks.