View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 11:43 AM

Default Re: music for video on LE

Hey Locash,

Just a comment...tell them to use the "sorenson" codec when making the quicktime, it seems to run the best.

Also I would ask them for 2 versions, one with a timecode burn (timecode visual on screen) and another without, so when your finished you'll be able to see what they're gonna see when your audio is put into the avid, and you'll be sure your not missing anything hidden behind the onscreen timecode.

OMF - Open Media Format - a cross platform format than stores vital information, ie. timecode start and end points for the audio, handle sizes (how much of the audio to allow to be pulled out after consolidating), session start time, timecode format (30 frames, 29.97 frames, drop frame, blah blah blah), ...

OMF is great for long format video sessions. ie, tv programs, movies, ... The big advantage, to me, is when I convert the OMF of camera audio, from the avid, to a PT's session, I have the ability to pull out the ends of the audio files and create smooth fade ins and outs (because video editors just LOVE to edit right in the middle of a word, because it works for the picture - uh...no 'ffence video editors). Being able to pull out the audio allows you to fix the audio without affecting the picture edit.

Hopefully shed a little light on it without getting too long winded.

L8R,

Ter

I don't know, what d'you think?