View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Which PT Version Broke Bounce To Quicktime?

Which OS are you on, because it makes a difference.

We are on 2020.12, because of the issues with video bounces in PT 2021.3+ and OS 10.15 (Different machines, BTW).

The issues we found were:
Pro Tools would overwrite TC
Timelines that mixed rasters (1080x1080, 1920x1080, etc) would not bounce videos correctly.
Videos set to REC 709 colorspace would be bounces at REC 601.

I believe there the second issue was fixed in a recent release and I am being told that the last issue will be addressed in the next release.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I'm aware of the issues with Bounce To Quicktime since Mac OS went to 64 bit & Avid went to its own video engine, etc.

I have to upgrade 2 systems but I can't go to the latest greatest on both of them. Does Bounce to QT (or mov) work in PT Ultimate 2020.09? Is it back to working in 2021.11?

I know there are workarounds but I really don't want to do that. I sometimes have to export numerous clips and having to go to a 3rd party app and marry audio & video there is just too time consuming - not to mention annoying since this should just work within PT. We all knew well in advance that QT would be affected by OS changes and Avid did noting to address this in advance. If I have to get Video Sync 5, I will. But again, I really would just like the product I've been paying for for 20 years to work.

Any info on what OS & PT Ultimate combo has a successfully working Bounce to QT(mov) GREATLY appreciated.

Also - any alternatives to QT Pro? I know there are plenty of alternatives for transcoding, quick edits, etc. I really like and am used to using the Inspector to check picture specs match what's been requested as well as seeing audio track info, etc. The current QT player may do this, but it doesn't always open all codecs without first converting. This is a pain and waste of time. Everything just opens in QT Pro. Such a bummer that it was ditched.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Denver, CO