View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 10:42 AM

Default Re: what did i do wrong?

You said you did a "save as". If you were making a new stand alone session you should have done a "save session copy in". I think that is what you may have done since you can't change the PT version in a "save as" but ...
What I suspect is that you imported the OMF , and I bet it wasn't consolidated, referancing rather than copying the media files. Second I'm going to guess that poss. when you did the "save session copy in" you chose to referance the files rather than copy them. OR some where in the proscess you ended up with a mix of files say you first imported the OMF with referances realized that this is not what you wanted deleted the tracks and reimported with copy. Your session would then have regions that referanced the OMF, from the first import, that were there but not used...so unless you did a "select unused regions" and then "removed" them from the session, those unused referances would follow you around.
The last question is how do you know it was asking for the OMF files? The file names were probably the same as the ones inside your session, unless you renamed the files (not the regions). PT sometimes looses it's files (especially pre 6). Did you try just pointing the "where's my files" dialog to your audio files folder?