View Single Post
Old 07-02-1998, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Question to Digidesign

When a product which is one of the more expensive on the market fails to perform as it should, then it is "Polite" of the developer to inform the user of the intended actions on this front. As a Mac user I frequently come up against this kind of treatment from PC developers, and retailers, and I can tell you now it's no fun. I would not like to see anyone else, on any platform, in this situation. but recently on the AMIII Windws forum there are about 20 threads with over 50 users asking Whats going on, to no avail. Things have gotten a little impolite as the earlier threads were not replied to, and users became frustrated, the fault here is entirely from Prod info, or their superiors!. No sales department in its right mind would so publicaly leave its users stranded like that on a point which is so obviously a flawed product, I mean, what use is a high quality sound card that wont let you playback whilst recording??? Isn;t that a fundamental requirment of the product? These are questions that no sane person can argue with.

Whilst prod info seem to be taking this personaly I think that it is a LITTLE childish of them.

If this major company gets upset because users, who have a flawed product complain, then it is either run by incompitants, or a few peole need sacking, and replacing with people who know about PR!

But to me some people apear to be burrying their heads in the sand when instead they should be taking up the issue and resolving the problem! damn it! how dificult is it to write a driver. This problem has existed for over a year now, How come the big guys cant get it togather when all the "upstart" companys can?

Please Bruce dont Patronise your customers, stand up for them! start making some noise yourself in Digiland, stand on some toes, take up the cause, Maybee your superiors will respect you for it? Ask how you can do your job if the products are flawed and support is not provided.

Personally I think the AMIII should never have been released on the PC if you cant support it, or at least till the drivers were ready!

The AMIII is starting to get a bit long in the tooth now and if the drivers take any longer you'll have no use for them, because all the users will have moved onto 8 in 8 out 20 bit cards, whilst your 18 bit 2 in 2 out will be relegated to the Museum

Dismayed

Joules