View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 09:10 PM

Default PT 11.1.2 Clip consolidation & Fades dialog Problem

I have tried for 2 months to get this working, and talked to AVID reps at NAB, but still no luck. I can consolidate multiple clips across multiple tracks, but if I want to consolidate two or a few clips on the same track I cannot. Also I can no longer get the fades dialog box. I can only use the smart tool to draw fades. In both of these cases, if I try to do either of these things Pro Tools just freezes.

2011 MacBook Pro, 8 Gb ram, 2.5 GHz i7, OS 10.9.2, no new peripherals added. I have a FW drive for time machine, a FW drive for recording, a usb drive for recording, normally a Sound Devices USBPre2 connected, A Eupnonix MCMix, Maudio Midiman, sometimes an MBoxPro2, sometimes a Presonus SL 24.4.2, wifi, a logitech scroll mouse via usb and a logitech wireless keyboard, a Dell external monitor, a Belkin Thunderbolt dock. I have had all of this for about 2 years connected to this computer with both PT 10 and 11. I have also used this system with my HDX via a Magma Tbolt chassis, but not lately.

This all worked fine, but now I have the problems listed above. I have tried the pref/database trash. Remove PT and reinstall. I have exactly the same problems. I have Izotope and Waves 3rd party plugins, but have had those before these problems also. I have tried just PT in aggregate IO with a pair of headphones and the laptop, but I have the same issues as with other peripherals connected. I'm out of ideas.

System Info:

MacbookPro 2.5 GHz Intel i7
OS 10.9.1 w/ 8 GB of ram PT 11.1.1
Rockstar 320 GB hard drive FW 800 - 800 about 3' long for recording
Internal 750 GB 7200 RPM Hitachi SATA drive not used for recording
MacPro 2009 16gb, 4 drives, 8 cores 10.6.8, PT 8
HD 3
MBox Pro 2, Presonsus SL 24.4.2, Sound Devices USB Pre 2, Magma T Bolt chassis with HDX