View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 08:54 PM

Default Pro Tools and M Audio is completely failing me...severe help needed

Every time I turn on my M-audio Fast Track Pro, it buzzes uncontrollably and I'm forced to turn it off. All the lights light up and it pops and cracks extremely loud. Im working with pt8 with the new snow leopard prerelease, but this happened when i was using pro tools 7.4 on osx 10.5.x I have the latest drivers for it but its getting out of hand. I sometimes have to turn off and on my interface 10 times or more before I can get it to stabilize....and sometimes it will fail and start making all kinds of noises in during the session. Like I said, it did this when I first bought it. Secondly, I don't think its reading the files correctly. I recently opened an older session, and 1/2 the vocal tracks are buzzing and fuzzy (extremely). One set of tracks is perfectly fine, but the others are distorted as hell. I went into the "audio files" folder and found the files and they were perfect when they weren't played through pro tools or the m audio. I also took off all the plugins in the session on those tracks and they were still fuzzy. I reimported the regions, still fuzzy and distorted. I even busted out the old copies of the sessions I had saved on another drive to make sure the files weren't corrupted (which doesn't make sense cause the files play fine in the audio files folder) but this did nothing. I have no idea whats going on because they were never like this. I recently attempted mastering this exact song and I listened to the bounced copy and its fine...so w/e it is happened recently.

Is this the cause of not having updates for snow leopard on the fast track pro? Or is my fast track pro a goner...Like I said, only half the vocal tracks are messed up...