View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack not at Guitar Center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
I've never understood local GC not carrying them. Well, other than the possibility of lost revenue from not selling other product. You get the shoulder shrug and a sincere sounding "i dunno" when you ask the sales dudes. I've even had them say that brand X or Y is finally getting close to it in tone at least.
My experience is that they salesperson is probably only interested in whatever PT bundle or MBox they are offering at the moment when it comes to Pro Tools. AFAIK my local GC - which is the largest of all the GCs in Ohio has had exactly one 11R in stock since they were introduced in 2008. It sat for about 3 months sold and was never reordered. HD, HDN or HDX? Forget it.

Given how cranky PT can be on consumer hardware I wouldnt blame a salesman for not pushing to hard to sell it only to have a irate customer return it.

* I've only been to the North Olmsted, Mayfield Heights, Montrose, Boardman and Toledo GC's. It's possible the Columbus or Cinci store is larger. The Nashville GC is about 30-40% larger. The KC GC is smaller.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88