View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Inputs are greyed out can not use mbox 3rd gen mini

The alternative is to keep using your old mac, OS and interface and use an older version of Pro Tools, if you already have a license. Lots of people are sucessfully running studios on that kind of combination. But you still need to check if all the elements will work together.

Buying a whole new computer and interface when you have 3/4 of what you need may not be the best choice - it certainly won't be the cheapest choice.

I second the interface suggestions already made - RME has the most stable and longest-lasting drivers in the industry, with perhaps only Metric Halo being equal, but they are a much smaller (and more expensive) outfit.

Focusrite is very widely used at the budget end. And they do some mid-tier and high-end interfaces too (sound wise). I had some bad experiences with their drivers a long while back (unlike RME, which I have been using for ever with no problem). But recent Focusrite drivers have a better reputation.

Dominic