View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Lost iLok, can I transfer license to another one?

OK, I've been looking at the iLok site more extensively. I do have a spare iLok. Can I transfer my PC 10 license to the other iLok without all the cost?

Looks like I should be able to transfer between iLoks. Here's the quote from the web site.

"You can move licenses in one of two ways: You can drag and drop or you can use the “move license” button.

To drag and drop, you will need to select the iLok that contains the license you want to move, the source iLok, in the left hand column. Next, select the license you wish to move from the table on the right. Click and drag the license you wish to move to the new iLok, the destination iLok. Confirm the move in the popup. For obvious reasons, the source and destination iLoks need to be registered to the same account and both plugged in for the operation to be successful.

To use the buttons, you will need to select the iLok that contains the license you want to move, the source iLok, in the left hand column. Next, select the license you wish to move to the new iLok, the destination iLok; if necessary, click “Show Details” at the bottom of the ILM screen. Click the “Activate” link in the details pane, select the destination iLok from the locations list, and click “Activate”. Confirm the move in the popup."