View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 11:27 AM

Default Re: I Love Pro Tools

Good for you. If you have found something that works for you, that's terrific.

As for me, I've moved on to other tools that work better for me, and no, I don't love Pro Tools. Plus I really do have a problem with Avid as a company. So I don't share your enthusiasm, but in the end whatever tool works for you is the best one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismeraz View Post
I love Pro Tools. I see an awful lot of bitching going on around here, so I just wanted to share something positive, even though I'm usually a pretty pessimistic guy myself.

I can't believe how easy it is to make music these days!

The things I can do with my computer now are amazing. Yes, we have to put a lot of work into getting our rigs properly set up and working out the glitches, but once that's done, recording music is like magic... it just happens at the push of a button! Playlists are awesome. Edits are lightning-fast. Do you realize how incredible it is that we can SEE the waveforms of our music? And now that I've finally memorized some keyboard shortcuts, I feel like I'm flying every time I sit in that seat. I just love it.

I've previously used PT 6, 7, and 8. By the way, 12.4 feels like a hundred-fold improvement for me over 8, so BIG THANKS to Avid for all that hard work!

Chime in if you have anything positive to say (I doubt many people will)!