View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Any benefit in having two Eleven Racks?

I'll add to the previous post :P

I would SPDIF out of one 11r (#1) into the other (#2). Set the digital output in the first to send the dry guitar signal, and set the second's Rig input to digital (also SPDIF, obviously). This way both "Rigs" are receiving exactly the same signal at exactly the same time, and both "amps" should be in phase with each other.

The question is how to recombine the outputs of the 2 units into one stereo signal with the amps panned correctly. I think the easiest way might be to jumper one side of the second 11r's FX loop (just plug send into the return on the right side) and then plug the first 11r's send into the left return on the second unit. Unit 2's Main output is then used.

This way one could specify on a patch-by-patch basis whether or not dual-rigs are used just by activating/deactivating #2's FX loop (Mix at 100%). Place your stereo effect blocks after the FX loop. This way each unit has its own discrete signal path into the Amp but there's also an ability to affect both units after the FX loop. Want just one amp? Disable the loop on #2 and use it as usual!