View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 11:05 PM

Default Re: no driver in device manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommikks View Post
Can I download and upgrade pro tools 8 to 9 ?
Upgrading from 8 to 9 is not free. I don't think you can buy PT9 online from Avid anymore so you would either have to get it off eBay 2nd hand or find a retailer that still has it in stock.

I'm suspecting that since you originally used the found new hardware wizard, Vista has installed some driver by default which isn't getting uninstalled and could be interfering with the Mbox installation. You could try going into Device Manager>double click Sound Video and game controllers>double click the first controller>Driver Tab>Uninstall>ignore warnings, OK. Do same for all entries.

Then start over and follow Bill's instructions.

But...from my previous post;

"However, once you have it installed correctly you may still experience performance issues since your computer looks a little dodgy, for instance;
2GB RAM is bare minimum
Integrated graphics often cause problems
It looks like you only have one HDD.

To run PT properly you need to have it installed on the system drive (C:) and record to separate drive. Recording to a separate partition on the same drive is no good."

Honestly, I doubt upgrading to PT9 is going to help solve your problem. In fact I'm not even sure PT9 is supported on Vista.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O