View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 09:47 PM

Default Re: 3 Pro Tools issues making me do (& redo) what should be the simplest tasks of any

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
The best way to approach this is to share a simple PT project per issue with 1 midi track with some notes and describe what you do, what you expect to happen and what happens - that’s the core of QA.

Other people can try to reproduce that exact thing and maybe some light will be shed on this. Also Avid finding the thread have a readymade case to add an issue for if it’s confirmed.

A lot of things that seem like bugs are due to the myriad settings of the app as has been alluded to.
I like this.
I'm hoping these issues are exclusive to this session. I've read that it only happens at certain tempos.
I started a new session last night and tried to recreate the problem at different tempos and was not yet able to. Which is positive but frustrating that things didn't work that easy in my full session.
If the issue persists in any new sessions, I'm simply going to commit established midi patterns to audio before making any changes to the arrangement.
Or readjust any alterations at the end of the project once over.
I'm going to stick with Pro Tools and the song no matter how long it takes to carry the vision out.

Thanks to everyone for their input and advice.

Last edited by take77; 05-09-2021 at 03:11 AM.