View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezo View Post
I have 2 - Macally PHR-100AC FireWire/USB 2.0 3.5-Inch ATA Hard Drive Enclosures.

I'm having trouble finding info on the chipsets. Is that something I can get off the drive itselft?
When looking for drives or enclosures the good manufacturers/retailers will tend to say when they use Oxford chipsets because they know it's important. And the cheaper enclosures like these are least likely to use Oxford chipsets.

Yes you can look and see what the Mac thinks in in these but a quick Google for these enclosures makes it look like they use an Initio chip. Ah that sucks, not what you want or what Avid/Digi have ever spec'ed for use with Pro Tools. And there certainly seems increased issues with Intel based Macs with non -spec FireWire drives vs. using them on Power Macs. It is impossible to say if this is causing your issue, but you likely have no other obvious things to try here. I would go buy two proper spec external drives (e.g. Look at products from OWC, Glyph or G-Tech) and repeat your tests with those.

Darryl