View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 06:23 PM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
Default Re: Eucon 3 - have to reinstall each time to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morristyson View Post
I've been seeing a lot of posts about EUCON 3 not working with PT 11 and 10.3.6. And the lack of response from Avid has me a little concnered, especially since I'm in the market for a controller.
The Eucon potential is pretty much wasted due to a definitive lack of vision (or lack of investment) and the fragility of the Ethernet connection protocol.

I've had my consoles (2 mix, control and transport - so much money) for almost 2 years now and I am NOT satisfied. I thought the relatively cheap casing (cracking aluminum and plastic sides/faders) would be compensated by the programming features of Eucon (and the potential for frequent updates). Not a single features we asked for was added besides the fader noise reduction (which didn't work on one of my units), there has been very few updates, bugs are months if not years to get fixed and they are always late on compatibility patches.

If I were you I would try to find something robust that has made it's proof from a company that has better customer support.