View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 08:29 AM

Default Re: DIGI 002 quit and now won't connect via Firewire

In addition to the solid advice above, here is a detail that may make this a bad day for you. If you "hot-patched" the firewire cable(unplug and/or re-plug) with the system powered on, there is a very good(bad?) chance you fried the firewire chip in the 002, the firewire port or both I have seen it myself and due to the cost of the repair(if its even possible in 2021), it will be a waste of time to pursue that.

Now certainly pop the lid and reseat the 3 connections(1 at the PSU and 2 at the 2 main circuit boards). With the unit facing you, the PSU is on the right side and the harness has about 12 wires of various colors. Work each connection off and back on 5-6 times(this scrapes thru the oxidation that builds up on the pins). and, do try another FW cable(and if you have any firewire drives, make sure the cable works with the drive and that your firewire port is still good on the computer).

At the end of all this, if its still dead, go shopping for a used 003rack(which also works with LE8.0.5) and have your installer file handy as the 003 may require a different driver(the drivers are included with the LE installers, the separate drivers are for later versions of Pro Tools).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave