View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Anyone got a Kemper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
They plan to. They've said that in various interviews. So you'll virtually have access to those amps.

Currently, the profile sharing is pretty unorganized in a forum setting. No idea when things will get organized.
I would be nice if there was someone or some organization that would professionally profile some of the most sought after amps in the world or profiles of famous guitarist's rigs and place them into the library. To me this would be more useful than a whole bunch of less than usable profiles made in a bedroom or garage using cheap mics. I'm not trying to put anybody down but I think you get my point about getting quality profiles. This is a similar concept to quality sample libraries.

It is good to know that there are plans to allow people to share profiles however.

As for profiling from music videos or solo's from digital media. How does that work? It would seem ideally to profile properly, you need to capture the unchanged source (input) and the altered sound (output) of an amplifier to provide the necessary information to create an accurate profile that models the way an amplifier affects the source sound into the amp'd sound. Maybe I'm not familiar with how the profiling works so forgive me since this a new technology.

Now if somebody can write a converter that will allow the Eleven Rack to use the Kemper profiles as a model, that will be really cool. Before everyone jumps on me about copyright infringement issues, I liken this to the times when a Roland sampler can read an Akai sample disc or Kontakt can import sample libraries from other manufacturers. I know this sounds far-fetched but again, wouldn't it be cool?

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1