View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 06:53 PM

Default Field Recording Guide Track is not matching channels on Pro Tools

Hello everyone, I’m working the sound post for a film and I faced an issue with the Field Recording Guide Track. I assigned a new FRT track to be the guide track. I clicked on Select Areas to Search and clicked on the Production Sound folder. Now here’s my problem, when I right click the synced audio in the FRT track and click Matching Field Recorder Channels > I don’t get the lav and boom channels. I get no results.

I tried to Expand Channel To New Tracks > By Timecode Only and I got the channels I need but it’s a whole mess of 13 new channels for every cut so that’s not the solution I should be going with.

It’s worth noting that the audio tracks in the AAF I got from the editor are linked to the Production Sound folder but they’re NOT named the same. The AAF has a different names for the audio tracks than the Production Sound files. The editor used Adobe Premiere to edit the film and export the files.

I attached a screenshot of the results I get from Matching Field Recorder Channels and a screenshot of the results I got when I tried to match by timecode
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7191287E-1036-4B23-BC25-EF54F0B2933E.jpg (44.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg D17FE2DC-C202-4D0B-9EEA-1749DA591FF2.jpeg (92.8 KB, 0 views)