View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 10:46 AM

Default Re: APFS or Extended Journaled for session drive?

Phew, I made it to the end of this thread! I stumbled on it because I am just now setting up a 2010 cheesegrater flashed to 5,1 for use with HDX and PT 2021. I just now installed a Metal compatible GPU, which seems to work so far. I also installed a 1TB OWC SSD which I was going to use to install Mojave and PT 2021, as my main system disk. I have another 256BG SSD which is currently running PT on High Sierra...

I'd never heard of APFS before today, so it was the unfamiliar options in Disk Utility that led me here. Unless I'm mistaken, the takeaway from this thread thus far is that I should format my SSD system drive with APFS. But then there is the SCHEME option, which I have also never seen before. Googling didn't reveal many answers on this question, but I found one thread possibly recommending "Apple Partition Map". Does that sound right?

Thanks for any tips!

Edit: 10 seconds later I see that Apple Partition Map isn't an option if I am using APFS, so I guess I'll just go with the default GUID Partition Map. Still would love any tips on whether this is the right choice. In fact, seems to be the only choice for APFS, so that simplifies things I guess...

Edit 2: 1 minute later, newly Erased drive with APFS and GUID showing up as an external drive, not internal. Hmmm... It's in the 4th drive bay. Won't let me mount it as an Internal drive...