View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Can you use an HDX 16x16 and a 192 I/O together

I personally will be very irritated with Avid if the blue 192 interfaces (at least) don't work with HDX on Pro Tools 11, at least as a second interface hanging off an Avid i/o. I know they promised nothing on this, but they should have promised something, and I won't be letting them off the hook. They could even make feature limitations – like maybe hardware inserts won't work, or the latency correction won't be precise or something – but there's really no good reason they can't support basic ins and outs.

A few MIX-era interfaces were supported as legacy devices in Pro Tools HD systems for at least six or seven years after the new generation debuted. And they were a far greater liability in terms of compatibility than the blue 192s are now. I will consider it an act of callous hostility to longterm customers if one can't use a blue 192 as a second interface.

Keep in mind, it's not merely a question of whether they deliberately break it or not. The devices can't merely "not break," they have to show up properly and be recognized and controllable from the Hardware Setup window. They have to sync with the master interface.

JSL