View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 10:02 PM

Default setup for recording live performances

I posted this in a seperate thread but it was sorta old, so I figured I should create my own thread so that it may be seen. I want to get something like the mackie 1604vlz pro (if you have any recommendations for a better mixer around the same price, please let me know) as my mixing board for live sound. Once I hook all the mics into this I want to hook this up to my Digi 002r so that I may record my bands, or any bands, live performance. Basiscly I want to be the sound tech and run sound for bands, as well as record the performance. My question is, what is the best way to hook the mackie up to the Digi 002r in order to give the best possible sounding recording, as well as have as much control over each instrument when I get home to edit. Also Im wondering if I can purchase the Focusrite Octapre and add 8 more inputs to my live recording setup. This is all incredibly new to me, and detailed information will be very helpful. The main thing I dont understand is how to hook all this up to the Digi for recording. Ive done a lot of searching on the forum but everything I found on this topic was not very understandable for the newbie.

Thanks a lot,
Allan