View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfrank8 View Post
Hello,

I am using Protools 10, Mac Pro and Mackie Blackbird as an input device. The Mackie does not have S/PDIF connections. Does anyone know of a way to use 11 rack as stand alone processor that will allow clean and DI signals to two mono tracks (Pro Tools) as well as reamping?

I tried an aggregate setting for input of both mackie and 11 rack. Pro Tools didn't like that. I am out of ideas.

I suppose that I can change my input device to the 11 rack when doing guit tracks. Seems like there should be a way without doing this... Kind of wish that 11 rack would just show up as plugin.

If anyone knows a way around this, it would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck!
Looks like Mackie made the limiting choice of only offering ADAT/SMUX with no way to set the TOSLINK ports to S/PDIF. Having S/PDIF would have let you use a simple optical to coaxial converter. For the cost/hassle of trying to do S/PDIF or AES/EBU to ADAT/SMUX you might as well look at buying a different interface. So just hook up using analog IO.

Darryl