View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2020.5/2020.3 Compatibility with Catalina 10.15.4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickhou View Post
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a new Macbook Pro 16-inch because my old one stopped working and it came with Catalina 10.15.4.

At the moment, Pro Tools says it's not compatible with this version of OS but is anyone currently running their Pro Tools on this OS successfully? I need to purchase a reinstatement plan for my Pro Tools because my old one expired with my perpetual license but I don't want to right now unless Pro Tools actually works.

Thanks in advance
Yes with 10.15.5 dev beta 6 (IIRC it’s the golden master for the .5 release), Ultimate 2020.5, 2020 i5 Mini with 16GB. I’ve been able to run PT, Live, Spitfire BBC and Soundgrid Studio concurrently. None of the sessions are very big, under 30 tracks, mostly audio, some midi and most of the plug instances in Live not PT with plugs running on the Soundgrid. Loads on the Mini are pretty minimal 20-30%ish spiking at 50-60% across all six cores though not spiking every core when it does. It’s pretty responsive. I’ve got the samples, projects and audio on an external SSD with some other space on a spinning disk and a Time Machine spinning disk (both WD Red) So far no spinning disk issues like they’ve mentioned.

I’ve got .6 beta 1 available but I’m holding off for a while.

Bad news is they won’t support you if you do have issues.