View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 04:36 AM

Default Re: iLok 1st Generation - Unable to download Pro Tools 11 Bundle License

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfracas View Post
Thanks for all your advice.

What I purchased was a crossgrade to Pro Tools 10 (with a free upgrade to 11).

But, as 11 has long been available, it looks as though they've updated the license so that you download the 2 as 1 - which sucks for me.

My interest was in 10, because I do not have the spec/setup to run 11.

I know that you need a 2nd Gen iLok for PT11, but I'm disappointed that they've bundled PT10 into the 11 license.

Can you advise how I speak to someone at Avid to sort out some bespoke support? The website expects me to pay for pro support, but I'm a fledgling freelancer, so I can't afford that yet.

I am based in the UK.

Many Thanks
There's no need for special support and no need to install or run PT11. Just install PT10 (latest version) and get an iLok2. They are separate downloads (don't forget the instruments download which is a separate thing. All a combo license for PT10/11 means you can have installed on the same machine at the same time both versions of PT. All support beyond any free ASC you might get with a purchase costs the same whether you make a living recording or are just a bedroom worker.

You don't say what computer/os you're running but you might be surprised to find it can run PT11. Just post here what you have and maybe we can help.

QAPLA!