View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Heat? or Something Like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
Ditto to the +1 & ditto..

But I will say this; VCC is emulating Consoles, not tape; so if u want something thst emulates tape, check out SATV by Mellowmuse; that along with VCC is the perfect combo; or UAD & VCC...

I took a look at both of these..and I think SATV is more of what I was thinking.

Not bad for $99 buckos. The reason why I bring this up..is I work in a Starbucks..and I have the displeasure/or pleasure depending on what is on..to hear a lot of newer music and older. I notice..the difference between the two, depending on who, when, and where it was recorded seems to be clarity(sometimes plain or harsh) and warmth(whatever that is ).

I don't want my tracks, to fall in one or the other..I would like to be able to get the best of both worlds with my pathetic wage..Can't afford HD much less need it or the equipment..so this is why the SATV plug in from mellowmuse has my attention. Thanks guys for the advice.. this looks like a wiener

Sidenote: I have come to the conclusion, that most music ends up pretty bastardized and destroyed by the time it hits places like Starbucks. From what I have found personally...the audio quality is something like mono/48k/mp3 128 bit rate. So who knows if what I'm hearing is even being represented well. The irony from all this..is I never ever ever hear..anyone ever... complain about the quality of that "mix.." or the quality of that "recording". It's hum the hook and buy whatever is in at the moment, and then eat up more media tomorrow just the same.