View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Avid Core Audio with HDX/HD Native on Yosemite/later Mac OS

Not sure if anyone from AVID even reads this forum anymore, but if they do, I'd love to revive this thread and get an answer to why we still can't simultaneously use macOS Core Audio (System Audio) through an HDX card while Pro Tools is also open? Is it because of the DSP usage?

What is strange is that if I use Ableton or Logic I am able to use my HDX card as the output / audio interface and can also simultaneously run system audio through the HDX card.

As soon as you open Pro Tools though, the AVID HDX soundcard is no longer seen by the computer. It's such a disappointment and seems like something AVID could easily address in the software if other DAWS are capable of doing this; can someone from AVID help me understand why this happens?

[Legacy] Mobile: MBP Retina 2.6 HGz Intel Core i7 w 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 running macOS Catalina (10.15.7) w/ Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.12

[Legacy System] Studio: Mac Pro 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon w 16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 RAM running OS X 10.8.5 using Pro Tools v10.3.9 & v11.3.2 HDX w/ AVID HD I/O