View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Euphonix MA 703 (clocking) problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm_xtk View Post
So if I understand you correctly you have a System 5 desk plus Euphonix studio computer, a AM713 and a MA703 plus an RME sound card?

If that is the case you can try to daisy chain word clock from one device to the next, especially if they are located close to each other.

But I would consider getting a dedicated word clock unit especially if you are planning on adding any more devices requiring clocking to this setup.

The sync HD is not going to help you here as it is not a dedicated word clock generator/distributor. The only reason for having it is time code sync which is of no benefit to you as you aren't using HD hardware.

With only one A/D in your setup this unit should be running on internal sync and clock the rest of your devices. I would steer clear of word clock outputs and connect each unit with a T-Bar.

AM713 wc out
|
|
|--MA703 wc in
|
|
|--System 5 wc in
|
|
|
|--SC264D wc in
|
|
75Ω BNC terminator

The MADIFace will be quite happy locking to whatever appears on the MADI IN (and presumably the same is true for the System 5).

The only thing to keep in mind is that if you are using the coax and optical ports on the MADIFace at the same time whatever is feeding those Inputs should be synchronised to the same clock.

Thank you for the quick reply! This is a massive help :)

I was told the sync io can run in standalone mode as a clock generator.

I only use the madiface to connect the coax madi from the desk to pro tools, i did however contemplate if older ssl madi converters (running optical madi) could connect to the rme aswell as im running digital monitoring and therefore only have a few analog outputs for outboard gear.

What do you mean by T-bar? Shouldnt the wc out from the MA703 carry the clock onwards to the sc264? Or am i being thick?

And what do you mean by bnc terminator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk