View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Manually played MIDI Notes arrive earlier than played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinBaldMonkey View Post
I am pretty much ready to hurl this HDX system right out the window.

I'm running a 16 track 88.2 session with one virtual instrument (addictive drums). Buffers at 128 (lowest setting allowed by HDX engine). almost no plugins to speak of.

When I play MIDI drum notes from the keyboard (via the Digidesign MIDI IO) they SOUND fine while I am playing, but they are landing on the track about 120 ticks earlier than they should, universally. Then when I play back what I recorded, it sounds like a ****** retard just played the part. My timing is excellent on two instruments, it isn't ME. I have to play so outrageously behind the beat to get the notes to land where they should that it becomes nearly impossible to keep time.

But if I don't, they won't quantize properly because they are recording EARLY. Somebody has to be having this problem besides me. Damn this software.

This happens with every VI I have tried from boom to mini grand.
Hi,

I don't have the answer, but have you tried different routing to to see if there's a difference. are you recording midi onto an instrument track? have you tried a dedicated midi track routed to an instrument track and how about having the VI on an audio track and using a midi track etc.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.