View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 03:46 PM

Default Re: guys i need advise on the plug-in for hiphop m

Welcome on the board

first I am NOT into hiphop making, I do lofi/noise and never got much past Cypress Hill I esp. LOVE their older stuff.

As a first advice ALWAYS try the demos before buying (so get your iLOk ready).
Onyl You can decide whatīs good for you.

As you mentioned McDSP, I donīt think there is ANYTHING it canīt do, Itīs one of the most beautiful and musical EQs/Filter (Filterbank) Iīve ever heard (subjective impression here). I donīt know if itīs good for HipHop but I know how many of you grave for the precise beat and tone, so that would be ideal (hyothetically). Besides their great customer support.

As another thing Isuggest taking a look at Waves RennMaxx, this is also a great allrounder but canīt comment on their sound to much but people here love it.

As a Tube emulation psp vintage warmer has a good reputation and for $129 on ebay you canīt really go wrong. I donīt have it. I prefer the REAL thing.

There is noe REAL speccial plugs for HipHop etc. īcause: the wider varity in styles ans sounds a plug masters the better it is. So go for Quality, not quantity.

But howīs about hardware?
You know only analog gear gets REALLY deep & grungy, especially with FILTER & TUBES.

As A cheap possibility of playing back samples I suggest NI Battery, itīs a Drum sampler,
but can also play tonal samples like basses, strings fx and the likes. Only dropdown is
the RTAS limitation of one (stereo/mono) output per instance, but you can have lotīs of them.

Ever thought about Sherman Filterbank, Oberheim 6/1000 or MFB Synth, Tube compressors and MPC1000/2000 it THE standard for pricise beats? Each one not TOO expensive.
These gears kick major butt and wonīt suck your CPU power

I guess you already know that the signal quality starts at the musician, so good mics and monitor are invetable. You canīt edit what you canīt hear or record.

perhaps this helpd a little,

best