View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 10:38 PM

Default Pro Tools 10.3.10 not working on Windows 8.1

Every time I finally get this program to work, the next time I start my computer I have problems with it again.

I just reloaded PT 10.3.9, uninstalled it, and loaded 10.3.10. Still no sound. At least I can see the levels showing sound is being made, but it sure isn't coming out. And? PT 11 was working, but now I just get white noise instead of the piano that should be coming out. I am taking a class that uses Pro Tools 8 or I would chuck the whole thing.

I am running on a Windows 8.1 machine. Not much choice. The old one died and 7 or 8 wasn't an option. It does have plenty of RAM and an i7 processor. I have Asio4All installed.

And it was working until stupid Windows overrode my don't update options. I backed out of options until it was working again, but now it isn't. I hate this program with a passion. I even broke down and bought Cubebase.

Is there a way to make Pro Tools work consistently besides buying a Mac. Shutting down the computer should not cause the program not to work, but I can't figure out what else causes it to work and then not work.

Thanks