View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 11:26 AM

Default No session playback

Ok ive seen this issue brought up but not to my exact specification. I recently bought the vocal studio bundle and am very satisfied with the mic, but when I dowloaded pro tools se I am getting no session playback. I have a brand new dell ( fresh out the box ) with 4g of ram and a processor speed around 3.0 ghz, and a 500 g harddrive. I downloaded the program exactly as instructed, twice. I looked in the user guide and it said to click preview demo to verify sound, I did and am getting sound as well as sound from my computer. The problem is when I pull up a session, demo or empty I get no playback, ive adjusted all devices and sound options I can think of and still get nothing. I can record and meters show activity but no sound. I have stereo speakers ran through a reciever ran to the audio jack. Please help if there is any more info needed please let me know, I wanna use protools! Also I know for a fact the mic and playback work just fine in lower grade programs. I am also aware of pro tools requireing an mbox or interfave but didnt think SE required one. Thank you, any help will be amazing