Thread: PT 10 freezing
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 03:49 PM

Default Re: PT 10 freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflystudio View Post
Hey guys. So, same [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] for me, under 3 different PC's...
Even on the "little one" (CoreDuo2 3.2gHz, 8Go ram, win7 64bits) I record all days on Cubase 6.5 : 24 stereo tracks with compressors on each track, without ANY problem. Same on Sonar, same with MOTU harware.
I downloaded the Protools 10 trial for 30 days, and I seriously think that we need Protools audio Interfaces to run-it well...and the computers are not responsible of any kind of troubles.

On my config, I open Cubase 6.5 or nuendo in 20 sec, with all Waves stuff and big Virtual Instruments... with PT10, 1mn30 and very slow response with only 1 track for mastering stereo...without effects loaded.
Imports OMF from Cubase is a hell to load...

No more questions about that for me..I keep my very reactive stuff with Steinberg/MOTU and waiting for to have enough money for a HDX stuff !!!

Good luck
HDX stuff won't solve system incompatibility or cover for incorrect system settings While I agree that Pro Tools MIGHT run a bit better with Avid hardware, I seriously doubt it will solve everything for you. What interface are you using now? Pick your "best" computer and post a Sandra report.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave