View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Dear Avid, I am an ultimate user but this 32 channel limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcowe View Post
JCBigler, unless I am severely mistaken the OP is using Ultimate Software only. Hence the 32 physical IO limit. But I also echo JFreak's comment that there are solution if you want to stay with ProTools to have a higher physical IO count (aka HDX). Is it the most economical solution? That is a hard question to answer, it sounds like to me though that staying with ProTools is something you can give up. If so then HDX very likely isn't a good solution for you because of the up front cost for HDX hardware.

All of that said I think it has been pretty obvious that AVID/ProTools aren't planning on opening up the IO limit of HD Ultimate anytime soon because they don't want to make HDX seem obsolete. And while I do agree it would be nice to have an IO limit that is only restricted by the limits of the computer we are running I have a feeling the way ProTools's code is written that would be an absolutely unfeasible change to attempt to make. That might as well re-write the code from the ground of if they were to do that, but this is only speculation on my part (I am not a software developer).
I'm not going HDX. I did that with HD. I went another route.

I love my current setup. 64 channels. Sounds great. But thats not my point. The software coding needs to be up to spec. We ALL know how avid was FORCED to unlock 3rd party interfaces.

Long story short. People with powerful computers suffering from -9173, silly little issues to big upfront costs. Like, for me also being able to go around the globe knows the term " industry standard " will be phased out. All the people I hear complaining about " budgets ".

I love the software. I look the archaic work flow and design. We've put up with so much but it comes a point when the forum flaming and the nonsense has to stop. I was a stockholder once but I had to withdraw.
I just want AVID to really check the landscape and realize times are changing. This pandemic is 9/11 ([emoji120]) all over again.

Just do what's right avid.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk