View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 04:44 PM

Default Re: WTF? "None Monitor" appearing 600 times in I/O setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Hmmm, I have more questions than answers(and please forgive my ignorance regarding a few things here that don't make sense).
Ha ha - no problem!

Quote:
1-On the IO setup pic, Monitor Path is set to None? Should that not be your usual main output?
I'm using Analog Outputs 1-6 on my Omni to feed an analog mixer. I print the main output of the mixer back into Pro Tools, and monitor the return via Outputs 7-8. Normally, I would just configure the Omni to use Outputs 7-8 as the monitor path, but in this case, I want these outputs to feed the Ext Source input on the console for monitoring.

If I make Output 7-8 a CR Monitor Path, then I have the CR Volume knob sitting in between the DA of my Output 7-8 and the Ext Source input on my console, which is something I do not want. I don't want to use the Monitor section of the Omni AT ALL, so I am attempting to bypass it by not assigning any of the outputs a monitor path.

Quote:
2-On the IO setup pic, Audition Path is set to one of the oddball paths. Shouldn't that also be a valid output(usually the "main" outputs)?
Yes, usually it is, but after trying to reset the I/O Settings so many times, I just didn't get around to it before grabbing the pic I posted.

Quote:
3-On the Hardware Setup pic, shouldn't the grid(the checkboxes) have something selected to act as your outputs?
I have selected "None" for both the CR Path and the ALT Path, and have not designated an output for either, because I am not using the monitor section of the Omni. I just want a straight 4-in/8-out converter with nothing in between the DA of the Omni and the input channels on the mixer.

Quote:
4- I see an HD IO on the hardware page, maybe troubleshooting would be easier if that were disconnected? (probably simply powering that unit off would suffice).
Yes, that's my Lynx Aurora. The pic I snapped kind of belies the hours I spent tinkering with everything with it off, as you suggest. Whether it's on or off, the "None Monitor" phenom keeps happening.

Quote:
5-What's going on for the Output tab in Hardware Setup?
On the Analog Output tab, the TRS Mirrors option is set to "None". On the Main tab, each Analog Output is set to 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8.

Quote:
Just for reference, I attached a pic of my IO output tab(running HDN card and 192 IO)
Thanks, Albee. I suspect the issue is related to my bypassing the monitor section of the Omni, and not setting a proper Monitor Path.

That said, I *should* be able to do what I'm trying to do by bypassing it completely. The fact that it creates a new "None Monitor" output that I cannot delete or modify every time I open a new session seems like an odd behavior.

Does anyone have a better method for achieving what I'm trying to do? I essentially want a 4-in/8-out converter with nothing in between the final DA outputs and the console.