View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 09:17 AM

Default Re: WTF? "None Monitor" appearing 600 times in I/O setup

Thanks so much for the reply, Albee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Can you paste the text of the message? Its too fuzzy to read.
It reads, "The Monitor Path cannot be deleted from the I/O Setup dialog. Please open the Hardware Setup dialog's Monitor tab to modify the Monitor path."

Quote:
I would start on the Bus tab and try to delete there (guessing this bogus path is mapped to an output).
Already did that. I can successfully delete the monitor paths from the Bus tab, but they stubbornly remain present and greyed out in the Output tab. Also, under the Output tab, if I click "Default" in order to try and start over from scratch, it crashes Pro Tools.

Quote:
Alternately, move the message box close to the lower right corner and upload just that area (a smaller area should show up clearer here) as I'd like to be able to see the info on Monitor Path, Audition Path, etc.
Done! New pic attached as requested. Still a bit fuzzy, but should be legible.

Quote:
Also, I can see that the message is referring to Hardware Setup so that is another place that needs to be viewed.
Yes, I have checked there, and have a pic attached of how I currently have the Monitor tab of the HW Setup configured. Unfortunately, instantiating a monitor path other than "None" will successfully add a new path, but it does nothing to get rid of the all the greyed out "None Monitor" outputs in the output tab of the I/O Setup.

Quote:
It may also be worth changing the IO setup to NOT allow Session Overwrite. Beyond that(and assuming Hardware Setup looks correct), I would try to delete all paths and then create what you really want.
I can create a new I/O Setup exactly how I want it, and it works, with the caveat that I still have 600 "None Monitor" outputs listed under the Output tab of the I/O Setup, and I cannot seem to delete them for the life of me. Each time I open a new session, a new one is created that I cannot delete.

Quote:
FWIW, I have never seen this ever before(so trashing prefs is also a good idea)
Yes, it's got me stumped as well. Things I have already tried:

1) Trashing Prefs, databases, etc.
2) Trashing the I/O Settings folder in the Documents/Pro Tools folder before starting
3) Resetting the HD Omni to factory specs
4) Updating the HD Omni firmware
5) Updating to Pro Tools 2021. I thought this might work, but upon updating, opening the I/O Setup dialog would cause PT to crash. After several hours of getting nowhere with the new version, I reverted to PT 2019, where I could at least get the I/O dialog open. I don't know for sure, but I suspect this issue is what's causing PT 2021 to crash when opening the I/O Settings dialog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg None Monitor 2.jpg (28.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png HW Setup.png (68.7 KB, 0 views)