View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
The thing is, there is no renew support plan available if you let it lapse. IOW I let my support plan lapse in 2020 and now on my products page it simply offers subscription plans and no renewal/support for perpetual. The latest info I had was that you have to find a reseller who still has renewal plans available as Avid is no longer creating new ones for lapsed perpetual owners. Not that I can find.
Yes that is my understanding also . Not sure when exactly , but I do remember Avid announced that was going to happen well in advance of the date it came into effect.

Thing is, honestly I don't see a significant issue per se ???
Since it was you who let it lapse, you were apparently ok with it being frozen at the version you were on in 2020...........

You seem to be exactly who this promo is targeted at. You can still keep and be able to use your frozen perpetual version But you will also be able to subscribe to a current subscription update/support plan for $100 less than if you were to have kept current and renewed a (non lapsed) perpetual upgrade/support plan , at least for the first year,,, and then you can continue to subscribe at the same price as renewing a non lapsed perpetual upgrade/support plan (ergo I don't see an issue)

The only difference of course is your perpetual will not be upgradeable which apparently seems to be the choice you made in 2020 ,,,understanding I may not know your entire specific story, is you choosing to let it expire the situation ? Or am I missing something ?

BTW back in the day the Captain of my ski team had a brand new 64 GTO what a cool car .

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 09-13-2021 at 06:45 AM.