View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 06:32 PM

Location: Current: Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Hails from: San Francisco
Default Re: Eleven Rack MIDI Out/Thru

ok so I did a second test with Kontakt, being that it accepts PC messages for Instrument Banks. So here are the flows. As with the last one, "Ch.x" stands for any other channel other than Ch.1, as thats what my 11R is receiving on. Again, the parenthesis mark MIDI I/O.

Flow #1: MIDI Track 1 -> (11R Rig Ch.1) -> 11R

Flow #2: MIDI Track 2 -> (11R External Ch.x) -> FF800 -> (FF800 Ch.x) -> MIDI Track 3 -> (plugin: Kontakt Ch.1) -> Kontakt

The end result?

Success. Simultaneous switching of presets/instruments occurred.

Again to reiterate, FF800 was the main interface, though I sent the MIDI out through the 11R and back into the FF800.

I should point out though that NONE of the MIDI tracks should be selected. If one is selected, it will start receiving info its not supposed to, kind of like an OMNI setting. In my case, Kontakt received the 11R's PC messages and the one's meant for Kontakt, but it was soon remedied.

So yeah, all seems to be fine. Maybe it's an OS thing? If you're on Windows then it may treat MIDI differently. Mac has an Audio MIDI setup that differs from Windows. Though I don't think that would be the problem, its something I can't test for because I don't have a Windows machine.
RME Fireface 800
Eleven Rack